This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
RAMSGATE ALBION HILL TR 3864 NW (north-west side) 13/37 Nos. 24 and 26 and railed areas GV II House pair. 1790-1817. Painted brick, with banded brick and flint to return and rear walls, with plain tiled roof. Four storeys and basement with moulded cill band and moulded parapet cornice. Stacks to rear centre. Three sashes with moulded surrounds and cornices to each house on 3rd and 2nd floors (those to No. 26 second floor replaced with UPVC casements). Two sashes and central French window to left (No. 24) and 3 French windows to right on 1st floor, with flat roofed verandah to left with iron twist rails, and tented verandah to right, with oval spiders-web cast iron panels. Canted bays to ground and basement floors, with sash windows, and pilaster frames on ground floor. Half glazed door (24) and door of 6 raised and fielded panels (26) in rustic surrounds. Long flights of stairs with simple rails and basement areas with spear head rails and baluster finialled principals.
Listing NGR: TR3842164871
© Mr Peter Keeble. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Keeble, Peter
Rights Holder: Keeble, Peter
Brick, Flint, Tile, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Railings, Barrier