This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 2885-2985 RAMSEY CHURCH GREEN 12/21 (east side)
Nos 1 to 5 (consec) Abbey Stable Flats GV II
1837-39. Former stable and coach house to Ramsey Abbey. By Edward Blore (1787-1879) for Edward Fellowes Esq. Four ranges round courtyard with gateway in south range.
Brick with coursed Barnack stone to west and south walls. Slate roof. Gateway has hipped roof with square louvre and parapet with steeply pitched pediment. Incised diamond ornament to tympanum. Two pseudo turrets at south-west and south-east corners continued above deep, moulded cornice and decorated with incisedd rectangular panels.
Round-headed arch to gateway with incised spandrel decoration. Gateway linked to 2-storeyed north and south ranges by single storeyed ranges. Four buttresses with offsets to south wall. Four buttresses with offsets to south wall. Four casements at ground floor and 2 sealed window openings with wooden lintels to gable ends.
(Cambridge University Library: Add 3954-6).
Listing NGR: TL2920285175
© Mr Peter Tree. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Tree, Peter
Rights Holder: Tree, Peter
Brick, Lincolnshire Limestone, Slate, Georgian Gate, Victorian Unassigned, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site