This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LISS FARNHAM ROAD SU 72 NE West Liss 10/7 Church of St Peter 16.3.54 GV II*
Parish church. C13, C14, C15, C17 and restoration of 1864. C13 chancel (restored) with a small north vestry, C13 nave of 3 bays with a south aisle, south porch (1639) and C13 west tower. Walls of ironstone with stone dressings; quoins;'stepped buttresses to the nave, lancets, 2 Perpendicular windows to the nave, a mullion and transom C17 window at the west end of the aisle, triple lancets to the east of the chancel (c19) and the aisle (C16), brick porch in Flemish bond. Tile roof. The tower has a bell stage and broach spire,, all shingled. Interior: octagonal columns with moulded caps, classical wall monuments of 1732, 1762, 1764, 1770, 1776, 1777 and 1839, Victorian Perpendicular font. The gable to the porch has painted lettering, commemorating its gift by Henry James, 1639.
Listing NGR: SU7712828438
© Mr Eric Skipper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Skipper, Eric
Rights Holder: Skipper, Eric
Brick, Ironstone, Stone, Tile, Medieval Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Wall Monument, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument