This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5111 LITTLE HORTON LANE BD5 (east side) Horton Moravian Church SE 1531 NE 55/770
Small, neatly designed chapel of 1838 for the Horton Moravian Community. Simple rectangular building of sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Crow stepped gable front to road with large kneelers and crowning bellcot with finial. Inset plain stepped buttresses. Pointed arch doorway, narrow window above with oriel bracket sill and drip mould; tiny attic light below bellcot. Three ashlar dressed lancets to sides. Miniature corbels to eaves of slate roof.
Listing NGR: SE1562131784
© Mr Mark Sunderland. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Sunderland, Mark
Rights Holder: Sunderland, Mark
Ashlar, Sandstone, Slate, Georgian Moravian Chapel, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship