This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF 93 SE KETTLESTONE THE STREET (north) 4/31 6/3/59 Church of All Saints.
Parish Church. Flint with stone dressings, slated roofs. Octagonal west tower, nave and north aisle, south porch chancel. Tower with 2-light Decorated west window, cusped belfry openings, 4 "Y" tracery bell-chamber windows with pierced quatrefoil openings above. Octagonal parapet. South porch and chancel Perpendicular style 1869 by Frederick Preedy, architect. Nave south wall with 3 3-light Perpendicular windows, nave north clerestorey of 5 2-light square headed Perpendicular window. North aisle with Perpendicular 2-light east and west windows, north door and 3 straight headed 2-light Perpendicular windows.
Chancel with 2 south straight headed Perpendicular 2-light windows. 3-light Decorated east window. Interior: Perpendicular tower arch on corbels. 5 bay Perpendicular north arcade with octagonal piers and double hollow chamfered arches. Perpendicular chancel arch, 1869. Preedy pulpit and reading desks with inventive open work tracery. North aisle with C15 poppyhead benches reused.
Octagonal font with heraldry. All roofs of 1869.
Listing NGR: TF9677331704
© Mr Roger Hamilton. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Hamilton, Roger
Rights Holder: Hamilton, Roger
Flint, Slate, Stone, Medieval Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship