This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5009 CHURCH PATH Coulsdon
Church of St John the Evangelist TQ 35 NW 8/7 20.5.54
Essentially later C13 with extensive later additions. Flint and rubble with much brick patching. Two bay nave with north aisle widened in the C19. Good chancel of 1250 with stepped sedilia and piscina. West tower of circa 1400 with corner buttresses and a tapering broach spire. Wall tablet to Grace Gowed (d 1631). New nave at right angles to the old, replacing the south aisle; in decorated style, 1958, by J B S Comper.
VCH, Surrey IV, pp 202-204.
Listing NGR: TQ3127358187
© Mr David Evans. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Evans, David
Rights Holder: Evans, David
Brick, Flint, Rubble, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Plaque