This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
REDDITCH B CHAPEL ROAD (north side) SP 06 SW Astwood Bank
4/26 Baptist Chapel
Baptist chapel. Dated 1822. Red brick, slate roof with decorative ridge tiles. Rectangular plan. Two storeys and attic. South end entrance elevation: three bays; windows have stepped voussoirs; three first floor 4-pane sashes; left ground floor window is blind and right ground floor window has a C20 casement; central entrance has a wide square-headed arch- way with moulded cornice, entablature and pilastered surround with panelled reveals and opening into a small vestibule; the vestibule has a 4-pane sash window with a moulded architrave facing the entrance arch and a 6-panelled door either side, each having a transom light with two glazing bars. There is a band at eaves level forming a pedimented gable with urn finials at both lower corners and containing a lunette with moulded architrave on which is written "ERECTED 1822". Side elevations of five bays; windows have cambered heads and are of three lights. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP0418062198
© Helmut Schulenburg. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Schulenburg, Helmut
Rights Holder: Schulenburg, Helmut
Brick, Slate, Tile, Georgian Baptist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship