This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST3614 BAY HILL 1939-1/7/6 (South side) 29/07/76 White Horse Public House and wall attached to left
Public house. C17, refronted and altered early C19. Stucco with plain tile roof, stepped stone copings and brick ridge stack to centre, truncated stack to left. 5-unit plan. 2 storeys; 5-window range. C20 six-panel door left of centre in a moulded architrave with bracketed hood and 8/8-pane sash above with round arch and interlaced glazing bars. Otherwise all tripartite 6/6-pane sashes in raised surrounds, except to far right where first floor has a 3-light leaded casement, above a C20 vent and small door: all these windows in raised square-headed architraves. To far left is a swept wall concealing single-storey WCs. Centre of rear is slate-hung, with rubblestone and brick returns with a C20 two-storey rubblestone wing to the right. INTERIOR: Totally altered except for stairs to the attic, and wide floorboards in the attic; nails fixed to rafters which once held a lath and plaster ceiling.
Listing NGR: ST3662014530
© Mr John Chester. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chester, John
Rights Holder: Chester, John
Rubble, Slate, Stone, Stucco, Tile, Tudor Public House, Elizabethan Commercial, Stuart Licensed Premises, Jacobean Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier