This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
PERSHORE ROAD 1.
5104 Edgbaston B5 Church of St Mary and St Ambrose SP 08 SE 12/36 SP 0684 NE 51/36 II 2.
1897-98 by J A Chatwin. A large church with north-west tower and spire and apsidal west baptistry, built of bright red brick and deep red terracotta dressings and details, in a Decorated style. Mullions, tracery, pinnacles and finials all in crisply modelled terracotta. Nave aisles and chancel, short transepts.
Clerestory above terracotta faced arcades.
Listing NGR: SP0662884502
© Mr Walter Chinn. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chinn, Walter
Rights Holder: Chinn, Walter
Brick, Terracotta, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship