This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CAMP HILL 1.
5104 Bordesley B12 Holy Trinity (formerly listed as Church of the Holy Trinity) SP 0885 NW 53/15 21.1.70 II 2.
1820-22 by Francis Goodwin. A particularly good Commissioner's church in a Decorated Perpendicular gothic. Conventional rectangular plan with shallow canted apse, faced in Bath stone. This body is enlivened by spirelet pinnacled buttresses diving the windows and with octagonal pinnacled turrets holding the corners whilst a larger pair flank the effectively recessed full height entrance bay under the parapeted gable. The soffit has a lrerne pattern of ribs over the large decorated west window, the tracery of cast iron.
The porch proper is shallow and contained within the recess, a tripartite composition with an ogee arch to the central doorway with an ornate finial. The east end above the apse and a cast iron tracery rose. This former church has an exceptionally good interior with all its fittings and galleries. The coved ceiling still partially remains but the decoration of a high standard for the period, has been stripped and a floor inserted.
Listing NGR: SP0841385848
© Mr Walter Chinn. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chinn, Walter
Rights Holder: Chinn, Walter
Bath Stone, Georgian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship