Notice states: " THE CHAPEL This room is the chapel in the King's tower (Clifford's Tower) of York Castle, built about 1250 to which date the Arcade on its walls belongs. It was reconstructed in 1312 and again about 1643. The upper part of the room once housed the portcullis mechanism".
Copyright Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: Office Of Works