Plan of the Old Gymnasium in the Keep Yard and the adjacent Magminots Tower

Date:
1945 - 1962
Location:
Dover Castle, Gymnasium, Keep Yard, Dover, Kent
Show all locations
Dover Castle, Mamignots Tower, Dover, Kent
Dover Castle, 1901 Equipment Store, Keep Yard, Dover, Kent
Dover Castle, Tea Rooms And Restaurant, Keep Yard, Dover, Kent
Reference:
MP/DOV0402
Type:
Measured Drawing

Image not available

Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This was drawn prior to the suggested conversion to a tea room for visitors. The building was initially built in 1901 as an equipment store. The plan is undated and has been given the dates of the Ministry of Works, the creator body.

Content

This is part of the Volume: PF/DOV Dover Castle, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive

Rights

Copyright Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Creator of Archive: Ministry Of Works

Keywords

Medieval Flanking Tower, Victorian Storehouse, Medieval Bailey, Victorian Gymnasium (Sports)