The plan also shows the section lines drawn in MP/DOV0564. On the plan the blocks are labelled as the 'East Demi Bastion Barrack Blocks'. The blocks are actually to the north of the Demi Bastion by the East Arrow Bastion and thus were later known as the East Arrow Barracks. The location is shown in MP/DOV0547. One of the blocks is in the layout suggested in these plan while the other was split into two. This site layout was sketched between the roof and foundation plans on the original.
This is part of the Job: PF/DOV/015 Alterations to buildings for expanded military use in 1924, Dover Castle; within the Volume: PF/DOV Dover Castle, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive
Copyright Crown copyright
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: Royal Engineers
Early 20th Century Barracks