On the plan the blocks are labelled as the 'East Demi Bastion Barrack Blocks'. The blocks are actually to the north of the Demi Bastion by the East Arrow Bastion and thus were later known as the East Arrow Barracks. The plan is signed by various Royal Engineers, a construction company and a witness. The drawing comes from the same original as MP/DOV0564.
This is part of the Job: PF/DOV/015 Alterations to buildings for expanded military use in 1924, Dover Castle; within the Volume: PF/DOV Dover Castle, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive
Copyright Crown copyright
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: Royal Engineers
Early 20th Century Barracks