A view from the circle in the auditorium of the Mecca Bingo Club, showing the proscenium and stage beyond

Date:
1990 - 2004
Location:
Mecca Bingo Club, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London Authority
Show all locations
Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London Authority
Top Rank Bingo Club, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London Authority
Odeon Cinema, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London Authority
Ruach City Church, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London Authority
Reference:
NWC01/01/2835
Type:
Photograph (35mm Slide)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The Gaumont State Theatre was opened in 1937. It was one of the largest cinemas in Europe, and the largest in England, with a seating capacity of 4,004. The building was later divided into a dance hall, cinema and bingo hall, before being used solely as a bingo hall from around 1990. In 2010 the building reopened as a church.

Content

This is part of the Series: NWC01/01 Norman Walley: Series of slides; within the Collection: NWC01 Norman Walley Cinema Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Walley, Norman

Architect: Coles, George

Keywords

Auditorium, Proscenium Arch, Mid 20th Century Cinema, Mid 20th Century Dance Hall, Late 20th Century Bingo Hall, Sport And Recreation