An exterior view of a detail of a stained glass window on the first floor of the main elevation of the Plaza Cinema

Date:
1970 - 2015
Location:
Plaza Cinema, Horse Fair, Rugeley, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Show all locations
The Plaza, Horse Fair, Rugeley, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Picture House, Horse Fair, Rugeley, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
The Plaza, Horse Fair, Rugeley, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Reference:
NWC01/01/3052
Type:
Photograph (35mm Slide)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The Picture House opened in November 1934. It was built for Rugeley Picture House Ltd and operated by the Charles K. Deeming Circuit. The cinema's name had changed to the Plaza Cinema, or the Plaza, by 1940. It closed in September 1996 and in May 1998 the building was reopened as a public house operated by J D Wetherspoon.

Content

This is part of the Series: NWC01/01 Norman Walley: Series of slides; within the Collection: NWC01 Norman Walley Cinema Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Walley, Norman

Architect: Robinson, Archibald Hurley

Keywords

Stained Glass, Window, 20th Century Cinema, Sport And Recreation