The Picture House opened in 1914 and closed as a cinema in 1995. In November 1997 the building was reopened as a public house, operated by J D Wetherspoon. Projection equipment and a screen have since been reinstalled in the interior, enabling films to be shown on a regular basis.
© Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Walley, Norman: Campbell And Fairhurst
Architect: Campbell, Fred
Early 20th Century Cinema, Sport And Recreation