Marshall's livery stables and Thompson's confectionery shop on Upper Richmond Road

Date:
1897
Location:
Upper Richmond Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London Authority, SW15
Reference:
OFH01/01/01/R04/02
Type:
Photograph (Negative)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The label notes read: "MARSHALL'S LIVERY STABLES, UPPER RICHMOND ROAD, 1897, Bank stands on the site, D C Harrod." This photograph was taken looking south west across Upper Richmond Road from a point close to the Railway Hotel at the junction of Putney High Street. All the the buildings seen here have since been demolished, with the exception of the Fox and Hounds public house which can be glimpsed to the very left of this view, advertising that it was established in 1360.

Content

This is part of the Sub Series: OFH01/01/01 Negatives taken by William Field; within the Series: OFH01/01 Negatives originating from William Field; within the Collection: OFH01 Douglas Harrod, E P Olney and William Field Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Field, William O

Keywords

Livery Stable, Shop, Horse Drawn Transport, People, Shops And Shopping