Hazel or Acre Mill was established as a co-operative mill in 1861 by the Haslingden Spinning and Manufacturing Company Ltd. Spinning was ended in 1930 and in 1931 the building was converted to the waste trade. The mill closed in 1971 and was partially demolished in 1975. As of 2016, the main entrance on Ormerod Street and the nine bay weaving shed on the north side of the site survive.
This is part of the Sub Series: RCH01/186/01 Threatened Buildings Project - Photography; within the Series: RCH01/186 Threatened Buildings Project; within the Collection: RCH01 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (RCHME) Archive
This Job contains the following materials:
© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive
Post Medieval Mill