Biennial Report on the Care of the Government Historic Estate 2017-19
This is a Report which looks at the condition and prospects of the heritage assets held by Government and its agencies, which between them have to care for more than 5000 sites.
Every two years these bodies are asked to account for their stewardship: this report assesses their answers covering the period 2017 to 2019.
- Why conserve the government historic estate?
- Major change in the historic estate
- How they are doing
- The Questions
- The Answers
- Conclusions and lessons
- Heritage at Risk on the Government Historic Estate 2017-19
- Government departments and others, contributing to this Report
- Government historic estates – the evolution of the Reports
- How the Protocol came into use
- Government policy on disposals
- Agreements as a way to secure better management of heritage assets
- Conservation Plans, Conservation Management Plans, Conservation Statements – and others
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 56
- Product Code: HE0024
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]