Climate Change and the Historic Environment
This statement sets out Historic England's current thinking on the implications of climate change for the historic environment. It is aimed at all those involved in the scientific and technical aspects of climate change and those undertaking impact, risk and adaptation studies.
Whilst some of the references in this document may now be out-of-date, Historic England believes this document still contains useful advice and case studies.
We are in the process of revising this publication:
- to reflect changes resulting from the NPPF and other Government initiatives
- to incorporate new information, research and advice on Climate Change
- Our changing climate
- Climate change in the UK
- The framework for action
- Climate change and the historic environment
- The contribution of the historic environment to understanding, mitigation and adaptation
- Historic England policy on responding to climate change
- Dealing with uncertainty
- References and key sources
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Legacy Document
- Product Code: 51392
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Also of interest...
The changing climate is already producing new challenges for places of worship.