Data Supply and Reconciliation between NRHE and HERs Research and Development Phase
Project 6953 Main Final report
By Crispin Flower, Mike J Lush
This project investigated how the Historic England National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) could be accessioned to Heritage Environment Record (HER) databases, building upon previous work that suggested that such a process would be beneficial and well supported.
Both this and the previous project contribute to the Heritage Information Access Strategy (HIAS).
Historic England commissioned staff from Exegesis Spatial Data Management to prepare this report.
- Executive Summary
- 1. Background
- 2. Research aims and objectives
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Lessons learned and project evaluation
- 5. Recommendations
- 6. Conclusion
- Appendix A Data migration report
- Appendix B Records present in supplied CSV data but not in GIS data
- Appendix C Data export schema mapping report
- Appendix D Actions arising from Stage 2 testing
- Appendix E Instructions for Stage 5 testers
- Appendix F Feedback the Stage 5 testing
- Appendix G Actions arising from the Stage 5 testing
- Appendix H Assigning overall statuses
- Appendix I Instructions for Stage 7 testers
- Appendix J HER feedback comments
- Appendix L Succession strategy for NHRE data editing
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 170
Also of interest...
The Heritage Information Access Strategy (HIAS) is an initiative which aims to create a single, logical, digital and shared national heritage record.
This page provides an overview of the tools and resources available to those who manage Historic Environment Records.
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]