Eden Petteril Caldew Transect Air Photo and Lidar Mapping and Interpretation Project
By Alison Deegan
It is a guide to the sources and methodology employed for the project and it includes:
- a review of the outcomes and project products and how to access them
- a thematic review of the some of the project's archaeological results and concentrates on a selection of key landscapes.
The report concludes with recommendations for further work: specialist reconnaissance, field work and protection considerations.
Geology and soils
Overview of previous archaeological investigations in the area
- Project review
- Project results
Prehistoric monuments and burials
Prehistoric and Romano-British enclosures and field systems
The Castlesteads landscape
High Stand Plantation
Concluding remarks on Iron Age and Romano-British enclosures and field systems
Medieval and post medieval
20th century military remains
- Monuments of significance and suggestions for future work
- Data archiving and dissemination
- Appendix 1 Sphere of interest (summarised from Winton 2016)
- Appendix 2 Monument data (GIS)
- Appendix 3 Historic England period terms indexed by the project
- Appendix 4 Historic England Thesaurus terms indexed by the project
- Series: Research Reports
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 64
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Also of interest...
Mapping and recording of archaeological features from air photos and lidar imagery in the area to the south and south-east of Carlisle, Cumbria.