Farming the Historic Landscape. Caring for Farm Buildings
This leaflet has been designed to help farmers, land managers and farm advisers recognise the importance of traditional farm buildings and provide some guidance on taking care of one of the countryside’s important assets.
- Why are traditional farm buildings important?
- How do farmsteads and farm buildings reflect the history of farming in an area?
- Why care for historic farm buildings?
- Listed buildings
- Maintenance and repair
- The need for information
- Can historic farm buildings be important for wildlife?
- How can I get advice on caring for historic farm buildings or grant-aid?
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Product Code: 50911
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Also of interest...
You will find advice on maintaining, managing and adapting traditional farm buildings.