Geospatial Survey Specifications for Cultural Heritage
This guidance is the latest revision of Metric Survey Specifications for Cultural Heritage. It will be useful to those specifying survey work throughout the historic environment sector and academics researching building conservation. It is also the specification for the Historic England Framework Agreement for Metric Survey Services.
Since the publication of the third edition in 2015 there have been several advances in surveying technology. The most notable is the ubiquitous use of multi-image, structure from motion photogrammetric software and drones to capture aerial photography.
Readers will include heritage professionals who need to specify geospatial survey work or survey contractors who need to work to the specification or produce quotes based on Historic England's requirements. Academics concerned with heritage recording and conservation will also be interested.
Along with the main document, there is an appendix of high-resolution example drawings and a project brief template in OpenDocument text file format.
- General conditions
- General performance and control of geospatial survey
- Standard specification for the collection and registration of laser scan data
- Standard specification for photogrammetric survey
- Standard specification for measured building survey
- Standard specification for topographic survey
- Format, presentation and provision of survey data
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 100
- Product Code: HEAG317
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Email: [email protected]