Guidance on De-listing a Building
This guidance provides an overview of the application process for removing a building from the List, also known as de-listing.
On 1 April 2015 the part of English Heritage represented on this website changed its name to Historic England. You may notice that some of our content still refers to English Heritage. We are in the process of rebranding, but in the meantime please be assured that all our content and guidance is still current.
- Why might a buildings be removed from the List?
- When can applications for de-listing be made?
- How should applications for de-listing be made?
- Notes on applying for de-listing
- How should I report a listed building that isn't there anymore?
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516