Making the most of your heritage assets
The future of local historic environment services
By Owain Lloyd-James
English Heritage, in partnership with the Local Government Association, has produced - Making the most of your heritage assets - the future of local historic environment services.
Aimed at local authorities, in particular local councillors, Heritage Champions and Portfolio Holders, it demonstrates the vital role of local authority heritage services (both archaeological and historic building conservation) in the conservation and promotion of their local historic environment. Through a series of case studies it shows how local authorities are:
- supporting their heritage services;
- looking at new models of service delivery;
- working with the voluntary sector;
- embedding the historic environment within local priorities; and
- contributing to the growth agenda.
It also highlights the need for local authorities to have access to appropriate levels of expertise so that decisions affecting the historic environment are based on sound and well informed information.
- Foreword by English Heritage
- Foreword by the Local Government Association
- The Historic Environment
- Innovative Practice
- Case Studies
© Local Government Association, July 2013. For a copy in Braille, larger print or audio, please contact us on 020 7664 3000. We consider requests on an individual basis.