Manchester's Northern Quarter
By Simon Taylor, Julian Holder
The print version of this book is now out of print and unavailable.
An e-book edition is available to buy from e-book retailers (ISBN 978-1-84802-313-0, £3.99).
There is also a link above to a low res pdf which is available to download free of charge.
This book raises awareness of the wide range and the varied character of the historic buildings which make up the Northern Quarter's townscape, and the forces and trends which contributed to its appearance. It also shows how the area has evolved over the last two and a half centuries, forming the historic backdrop to everyday life in a particularly vibrant and culturally distinctive quarter of the city.
The book will have a broad appeal, both to the established urban community and to those with an interest in the city of Manchester and its buildings.
1. The greatest meer village
2. The first Northern Quarter
3. A maturing city district and the railway age
4. An economy in flux
5. Conservation and change in the Northern Quarter
- Series: Informed Conservation
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 88
- Illustration: 78, Colour and b&w illustrations
- Product Code: 50946
- ISBN: 9781848023130 (e-book)
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516