Metric Survey Specifications for Cultural Heritage
Paperback by David Andrews, Jon Bedford, Paul Bryan
£50.00Buy from bookshop
Widely used by heritage professionals, when specifying survey work throughout the historic environment sector, and by academics researching building conservation, this is the specification for the Metric Survey Framework Agreement.
Since the publication of the second edition in 2009 there have been a number of significant advances in surveying technologies. These include the widespread use of laser scanning for measured building survey, the ubiquity of digital cameras, developments in photogrammetric software that enable the use of non-metric cameras, the use of Small Unmanned Aircraft (SUA) to capture aerial photography, the adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and the increased generation of the required datasets using laser-scanning technology.
Readers will include heritage professionals who need to specify metric survey work or survey contractors who need to work to the specification or produce quotes based on Historic England's requirements. Academics concerned with heritage recording and conservation will also be interested.
- General conditions and project information
- General Performance and control of metric survey
- Format, presentation and provision of survey data
- Standard specification for image-based survey
- Standard specification for measured building survey
- Standard specification for topographic survey
- Standard specification for the collection, registration and archiving of terrestrial laser scan data
- Standard specification for the supply of building information modelling (BIM)
- Printed Price: £50.00
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Format: Paperback
- Physical Size: 276 x 219 mm
- Pages: 240
- Illustrations: 30, colour
- ISBN: 9781848022966
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]
Also of interest...
How to survey historic places to the best standard possible, using our wide-ranging technical survey guidance.
Historic England use a range of specialist survey techniques (Photogrammetry, SfM and laser scanning etc) as an essential part of any heritage project
Visit the Historic England online bookshop for books that help people to understand, value, care for and enjoy the historic environment.