Ports and the Historic Environment
English Heritage Project Number 6264
By Fisher Associates
This project, commissioned by English Heritage from Fisher Associates, aimed to develop practical proposals to assist English Heritage in conserving the historic environment in ports and harbours. This was carried out through consultation with the ports industry on how they accommodate the historic environment agenda and how liaison with English Heritage works. It includes lessons learned, and "win-win" proposals for enhancing conservation of the historic environment.
2. Historic environment within the context of port policies and publications
3. What is the historic environment?
4. How ports deal with the historic environment
5. How English Heritage engages with ports
6. Strategy for English Heritage to work with ports
7. Conclusions and implementation
- Publication Status: Completed
If you require an alternative accessible version of this document please contact: Fisher Associates, April House, Rowes Lane, East End, Lymington, SO41 5SU, UK, Tel: 441590626220
Learn more about understanding the historic environment of protecting ports, harbours and coastal settlements