Severn Estuary Rapid Coastal Zone Assessment Survey - Phase 1 Report
The aims of the project were to enhance the archaeological record of the coastal zone and contribute to the shoreline planning of the estuary by collecting and integrating information from a variety of sources.
The results of this phase of the project provide:
- A record of all known archaeology within the intertidal zone and its immediate hinterland;
- An assessment of current erosion patterns and threats this poses to the archaeological resource;
- An enhanced understanding of the archaeological resource;
- An overview of coastal change from the Palaeolithic to the present day;
- Identification of sites which need further investigation as part of Phase 2 of the RCZAS.
This third version has been substantially updated and revised from earlier drafts.
- Series: RCZAS Reports
- Publication Status: Completed
Also of interest...
The seas and shore around England contain an immense wealth of archaeological sites and remains.
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]