Staffordshire: Aerial Survey of Gnosall, Kidsgrove and Talke
A National Mapping Programme Project Report
By Samantha Bax
The project was funded by the English Heritage National Heritage Protection Commissions Programme (NHPCP) and carried out by Samantha Bax between July 2014 and July 2015 using English Heritage National Mapping Programme methods and standards.
This report includes an overview of the sources of aerial imagery and the methods used to create maps and records of the archaeological monuments. A period-based overview of the archaeological results highlights some of the discoveries and analysis arising from this work.
- Project management
- Scope of the survey
- Methodology and recording
- Summary of project results
- Outcomes and significance
- Appendix 1 1:10,000 map sheets
- Appendix 2 Autodesk map layers and drawing conventions
- Appendix 3 Autodesk map data tables
- Appendix 4 Monument types used in the project
- Series: Research Reports
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 54
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Also of interest...
Four sample areas were targeted during the Staffordshire aerial survey. Highlights include a concentration of prehistoric activity in the Trent Valley