Strategic Assessment of Submarines in English Waters: Project Report
By Karen Walker
This report covers a Strategic Desk-based Assessment of Submarines in English Waters.
The aim of the project was to inform a policy on future designation approaches to this resource by identifying the best examples of submarine wrecks within England's Territorial Waters; thereby contributing towards the overall national programme of planned designation.
Cotswold Archaeology carried out this project, which was commissioned before English Heritage and Historic England became separate organisations. Where this report refers to the work of English Heritage, these functions are now transferred to Historic England.
- Description of the project
- Method statement
- Historical background
- Annex 1: Individual wreck specific assessments
- Annex 2: Submarines on display in the UK
- Annex 3: Known/reported submarine parts/associated artefacts on display in the UK
- Annex 4: Submarines (or significant portions thereof) - fates unclear
- Annex 5: Relevant submarines on display/preserved elsewhere
- Annex 6: Key archival sources for submarines
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 209
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516