The Textile Mills of Lancashire: The Legacy
By Andy Phelps, Richard Gregory, Ian Miller, Chris Wild
This report details the fascinating history of the textile industry in Lancashire, one of the cradles of the Industrial Revolution, the sites that survive today and what the future might hold for these iconic buildings.
Oxford Archaeology North were commissioned by Historic England to carry out the survey project.
- Lancashire's Early Textile Industry
- Lancashire's Later Textile Industry
- The Future
- Notable people mentioned in the text
- Bibliography and Further Reading
- Mills referred to in the text
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 140
- ISBN: 978-1-907686-24-5