Twentieth Century Naval Dockyards Devonport and Portsmouth: Characterisation Report
By Naval Dockyards Society
A research team from the Naval Dockyards Society carried out this commissioned project.
- Acknowledgements and Permissions
- Abbreviations and Glossary
- List of tables
- Abbreviated list of figures
- Part 1: Historical background and characterisation.
- Part 2: Devonport Dockyard in the twentieth century
- Part 3: Portsmouth Dockyard in the twentieth century
- Part 4: Conclusions and recommendations
- Appendix 1: Project methodology
- Appendix 2: List of sources for maps, plans, models, aerial and ground photographs relating to Devonport and Portsmouth Dockyards
- Appendix 3: Devonport Dockyard designations
- Appendix 4: Portsmouth Dockyard designations
- Publication Status: Completed
If you require an alternative accessible version of this document please contact: The Naval Dockyards Society, 44 Lindley Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO4 9NU, England
Also of interest...
This page describes the key role of ports in England’s economy, the resulting pressures on their heritage and Historic England’s work.