Twentieth Century Naval Dockyards Devonport and Portsmouth: Characterisation Report
By Naval Dockyards Society
A research team from the Naval Dockyards Society carried out this commissioned project.
- Acknowledgements and Permissions
- Abbreviations and Glossary
- List of tables
- Abbreviated list of figures
- Part 1: Historical background and characterisation.
- Part 2: Devonport Dockyard in the twentieth century
- Part 3: Portsmouth Dockyard in the twentieth century
- Part 4: Conclusions and recommendations
- Appendix 1: Project methodology
- Appendix 2: List of sources for maps, plans, models, aerial and ground photographs relating to Devonport and Portsmouth Dockyards
- Appendix 3: Devonport Dockyard designations
- Appendix 4: Portsmouth Dockyard designations
- Publication Status: Completed
If you require an alternative accessible version of this document please contact: The Naval Dockyards Society
Also of interest...
This page describes the key role of ports in England’s economy, the resulting pressures on their heritage and Historic England’s work.