WATER ORTON BRIDGE (THAT PART IN WATER ORTON CIVIL PARISH)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034652

Date first listed: 08-Sep-1961

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Jan-1989

Statutory Address: WATER ORTON BRIDGE (THAT PART IN WATER ORTON CIVIL PARISH), MINWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WATER ORTON BRIDGE (THAT PART IN WATER ORTON CIVIL PARISH)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 14:08:10.

Location

Statutory Address: WATER ORTON BRIDGE (THAT PART IN WATER ORTON CIVIL PARISH), MINWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Water Orton

National Grid Reference: SP 17413 91413

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WATER ORTON MINWORTH ROAD SP19SE Water Orton 4/108 Water Orton Bridge (that part 08/09/61 in Water Orton C.P.) (Formerly listed as Bridge (over River Tame) (the part in Meriden R.D.)) - II Road bridge. Circa 1520 for Bishop Veysey of Exeter, with later alterations. Red sandstone ashlar. 6 semi-circular arches spanning the River Tame. V-shaped cutwaters continued upwards to form refuges at parapet level. Draining spouts above the two centre arches conducted water off the bridge. Plain parapet largely rebuilt in the C19. (Buildings of England: Warwickshire: p466; VCH: Warwickshire: Vol IV, (1965), p262)

Listing NGR: SP1741391413

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 309422

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1947), 262

End of official listing