6 and 8 The Street

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1037668

Date first listed: 07-May-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Jun-1984

Statutory Address: 6 AND 8, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 6 and 8 The Street
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1037668 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 19:09:48.

Location

Statutory Address: 6 AND 8, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Forest Heath (District Authority)

Parish: Dalham

National Grid Reference: TL 72304 61674

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 76 SW 6/30

DALHAM THE STREET Numbers 6 and 8

(Formerly listed as Two Cottages 30 yards north east of Dairy Farmhouse)

7.5.54 II House. Core of C15 or early C16, altered c.1600 and extended C18. Hall range and cross-wing. One-and-a-half storeys and attics. Timber-framed and rendered, the C18 rendering rough- cast. Thatched roof with gabled casement dormer; axial chimneys of red brick. C19 and C20 small-paned casements. C20 framed and boarded entrance door and thatched lean-to porch. A small 2-bay medieval cross-wing, with fragmentary remains of hipped roof, is now buried in the existing cross-wing; an open hall probably stood on the site of the present hall range of c.1600 with open fireplace and lobby entrance. The building extended by one cell in 3 directions, late C18 or early C19, and divided into cottages.

Listing NGR: TL7230461674

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 275590

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing