FORMER GARDEN BOUNDARY WALL, MILLCOMBE HOUSE, EXTENDING FROM NGR 138441 TO 139439

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104956
Date first listed:
07-Oct-1991
Statutory Address:
FORMER GARDEN BOUNDARY WALL, MILLCOMBE HOUSE, EXTENDING FROM NGR 138441 TO 139439

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER GARDEN BOUNDARY WALL, MILLCOMBE HOUSE, EXTENDING FROM NGR 138441 TO 139439
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104956 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 17:08:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER GARDEN BOUNDARY WALL, MILLCOMBE HOUSE, EXTENDING FROM NGR 138441 TO 139439

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SS 13804 44021

Details

LUNDY SS14SW Former Garden Boundary Wall, 1938-0/2/7 Millcombe House, Ext. from NGR 138441 to 139439

II Garden boundary wall. Probably circa 1836 when Millcombe House (qv) was built.

Granite rubble with some dressed granite quoins and buttress weathering. About 250 metres long follow an irregular ine of the garden and field boundaries. At north end it reaches a height of about 3 metres and over on the east side where the ground level is lower, but the wall is only about 1.5 metres high at its south end. Battlements without coping the entire length. The north end has buttresses, flat on the west side and raking on the east side, and at the extreme north end a pointed arch food gateway with plank door.

Listing NGR: SS1380444021

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91977
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/13599/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].