THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108538
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
21-May-1985
Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 22:20:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
Berry Pomeroy
National Grid Reference:
SX 82858 60947

Details

SX 8260 BERRY POMEROY

12/16 The Old Vicarage (formerly listed as "The 11.ll.52 Vicarage")

- II House, formerly the vicarage. Circa early C18 with early C19 wings at rear. Stuccoed stone rubble. Steeply pitched tartaruga slate roof with gabled ends and coved eaves soffit. Two storeys. Six bays. Sashes with glazing bars in exposed cases. Ground floor C20 verandah on square columns with modillion cornices. Slate hung chimney stacks at gable ends. Single storey bowed wing to left (west) with conical roof, modillion eaves and curved sash window with glazing bars. Circa early C19 wings at rear (north). Probably built by John Prince, 1681-1723 vicar of St Mary's Church q.v. and author of "The Worthies of Devon", first published in 1701.

Listing NGR: SX8285860947

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
100554
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/07464/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Christopher Fransella. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].