This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LEDBURN MANOR HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LEDBURN MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1117867

Location

LEDBURN MANOR HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Mentmore

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42117

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 92 SW MENTMORE LEDBURN

1/132 Ledburn Manor House

26.9.51

GV II

House. Main range to front is mid C18, with small early C16 wing, extended C17-C18, to rear, and C20 extensions to west. C18 front is of vitreous header brick with red brick strips flanking windows, moulded brick plinth, stone quoins, narrow moulded stone cornice and brick parapet. Openings have gauged brick heads with stone triglyph keyblocks. Old tile roof, stone coped gables, brick chimneys with stone cornices to gables and right of centre. 2 storeys and attic, 5 bays, the 3 centre bays grouped more closely. 3-pane sash windows with thick glazing bars and architrave frames, probably once longer, now with later brick panels below. 2 left bays have dormers with paired wooden casements. Central C20 half- glazed door with 3-pane rectangular fanlight. C20 extension to left is of one storey with 3 bays of sash windows. Right gable has 2 later sashes with segmental heads. Shorter parallel range to rear is of chequer brick with first floor band course and has 2 leaded cross casements with gauged brick heads to each floor, the upper ones with cambered heads. Attic has single barred wooden casement. Door to left is 6-panelled, top-lit, in panelled reveals with wooden doorcase of Doric pilasters, triglyph entablature and modillioned pediment, and has transomed leaded light above. Interior: 2 early C16 bays have curved wind-braces in roof and central truss with chamfered arched braces to tie beam and heavy queen struts above; front range has re-set early C17 moulded stone fireplace with 4-centred arch in ground floor room to left. RCHM II p. 196-7 Mon.3.

Listing NGR: SP9036521999

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

National Grid Reference: SP 90365 21999

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117867 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 01:10:46.

End of official listing