This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MAIN BLOCK TO LANE CLOSE MILLS TO REAR OF NUMBERS 742 TO 766 GREAT HORTON ROAD AND FRONTING BARTLE LANE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MAIN BLOCK TO LANE CLOSE MILLS TO REAR OF NUMBERS 742 TO 766 GREAT HORTON ROAD AND FRONTING BARTLE LANE

List entry Number: 1133304

Location

MAIN BLOCK TO LANE CLOSE MILLS TO REAR OF NUMBERS 742 TO 766 GREAT HORTON ROAD AND FRONTING BARTLE LANE, BARTLE LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336114

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 BARTLE LANE Upper Green Horton BD7

Main block to Lane Close Mills to

rear of Nos 742 to 766 Great

Horton Road and fronting Bartle Lane SE 1331 49/254

II

2. A fairly early worsted mill built in 1841 and extended in 1847. The mill was built to the order of Samuel Dracys, an important Horton mill owner and inventor of the card cutting machine. Two long, 2-storey, sandstone "brick" ranges parallel with the road. Stone slate roofs with block brackets to the eaves. Ashlar lintels and sills to close set fenestration. Segmental voussoir archways to each range with dated keystones. Later C19 link between the 2 ranges. Three-storey rear wing to 1841 block, the gable end surmounted by a bellcot and containing an oculus. Some of the windows on the rear elevations and wing retain original small pane glazing. In rear yard of 1847 part is a doorway flanked by octagonal piers.

Listing NGR: SE1392631348

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 13926 31348

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133304 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 12:39:35.

End of official listing