BODITHIEL BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137527

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: BODITHIEL BRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BODITHIEL BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137527 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 21:27:55.

Location

Statutory Address: BODITHIEL BRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Neot

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Pinnock

National Grid Reference: SX1764764873

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST PINNOCK

SX 16 SE

4/92

Bodithiel Bridge

29/1/85

II

Bridge over River Fowey referred to by Leland as Lergin bridge in 1538. Partly reconstructed in circa mid C19. Rubble stone. Originally very narrow, comprising three small pointed arches. Widened in C19 and west side rebuilt. Also two southern arches amalgamated to form single wide arch. East side with wide four-centred arch with cut stone voussoirs on south and narrower three-centred arch with cut stone voussoirs on north. Rubble stone cutwater between and large stone inclined buttress to right of north arch. West side with rough-cut stone voussoirs to wide round arch on south and smaller round arch on north. Parapet of rubblestone splayed out over abutments with chamfered granite copings with iron fastenings.

This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13 September 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60595

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Henderson, C, Coates, H, Old Cornish Bridges and Streams, (1928), 73

End of official listing