This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

INGS FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: INGS FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1146130

Location

INGS FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Fovant

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 320770

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 02 NW FOVANT HIGH STREET (west side) 4/184 Ings Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse, now detached house. 1699 on datestone over door. Dressed limestone, tiled roof, formerly thatched, stone stacks. L-plan. Two-storey, 2-window. Blocked central doorway with 3- light recessed chamfered mullioned casement either side. First floor has central blocked bull's eye with date 1699 in spandrels and oval tablet with initials RPA below, 3-light recessed chamfered mullioned casement either side. Three C20 rooflights to roof. Left return has single attic casement, attached single-storey addition with casements. Right return has single-light recessed hollow-chamfered attic casement. Rear wing north side has C20 door and two hollow-chamfered casements; one C20, rear gable of wing has 2-light casement to ground and first floors, single hollow-chamfered casement to attic, south side of wing has C20 French windows and casements. Rear of main range has C20 French windows within C20 conservatory, 2-light recessed chamfered mullioned casement to first floor. Interior has chamfered beams with stepped stops, open fireplace to south gable has chamfered lintel on stone jambs, winding stairs in wing rise from ground floor to attic, partly enclosed by moulded plank and muntin, planked doors. Ceased to be a farmhouse in 1970s.

Listing NGR: SU0057628543

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 00576 28543

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146130 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 11:26:18.

End of official listing