This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1165941



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wildsworth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Mar-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196865

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



4/56 Church of 31.3.82 St. John the Divine


Parish church, disused. 1838. Architect Charles Biggs, restored 1896 and 1908. Yellow brick with ashlar dressings, slate roof. West tower, nave, chancel and vestry. Octagonal tower of 3 stages, the topmost stage marked by an offset. A 4 centred west door with hood mould and label stops, to first floor a pair of lancets with between a lozenge shaped plaque, now removed. On the topmost stage belfry lights in the principal directions with hood moulds and label stops with between, blank recesses. Battlemented top and recessed octagonal spire. Nave side walls are divided into 3 bays by octagonal pilasters crowned by plain pinnacles. 3 two light Y traceried windows having 2 centred arches with hood moulds. Plain parapet. To the north east a single storey vestry with boiler house under. East end of chancel, which is an addition of the same date as the vestry, 1908, has a raised stone coped gable with kneelers and at a high level a 5 light Perpendicular style window with central ogee and trefoil heads contained in a broad 3 centred arch. The south chancel window is a single cusped ogee light set in a square chamfered frame. Interior: the stained glass in the east window is dated 1916 by Kempe. The panelled base of the font is dated 1839. All other fittings, etc. have been removed.

Listing NGR: SK8082197657

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 80821 97657


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165941 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2017 at 12:43:14.

End of official listing