CARTHEW TOMB APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205438
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1993
Statutory Address:
CARTHEW TOMB APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE, KENWYN CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARTHEW TOMB APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205438 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 09:58:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CARTHEW TOMB APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE, KENWYN CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Truro
National Grid Reference:
SW 81983 45909

Details

TRURO

SW84NW KENWYN CHURCH ROAD 880-1/1/86 Carthew tomb approx. 50m NE of E end of Church of St Keyne

GV II

Two adjoining chest tombs. One commemorates John Carthew, d.1795 aged 48, his wife Elizabeth, d.1822 aged 65 and others; other commemorates their son John, d.1845(6?) aged 60, and his wife Ellen, d.1870 aged 84, and others. 2 rectangular-on-plan chest tombs with granite monolithic sides with fielded panels and tall pilaster panels to ends of long sides and inscribed slate lids.

Listing NGR: SW8198345909

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
377405
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10168/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John E. Crowe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].