18, THE CALLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255926

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: 18, THE CALLS

Map

Ordnance survey map of 18, THE CALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255926 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 07:40:36.

Location

Statutory Address: 18, THE CALLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30388 33285

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3033SW THE CALLS 714-1/78/380 (South side) No.18

GV II

Warehouse. Early C19. Light red brick, good quality, laid with narrow joints, remains of render; roof not visible. 4 storeys, 3 first-floor openings: central loading doors flanked by wide windows with cambered heads; flush frames have margin lights; some openings boarded up. Blocking course and parapet. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: the south side of The Calls was built up before 1725 (Giles map), area important as the Town Wharf for boats coming into Leeds as far as Leeds Bridge and the Town warehouse. This building stood at the SW corner of the White Cloth Hall (1776), at the south end of Crown Street; there is a visual link between the remnants of the entrance to the White Cloth Hall (qv) and this facade, obstructed by the railway viaduct. Giles map (1815) shows the plan of the building as now.



Listing NGR: SE3038833285

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465455

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing