RIVER FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309218

Date first listed: 21-Apr-1980

Statutory Address: RIVER FARMHOUSE, HARSTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RIVER FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309218 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2018 at 17:59:02.

Location

Statutory Address: RIVER FARMHOUSE, HARSTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Haslingfield

National Grid Reference: TL4121352068

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 45 SW HASLINGFIELD HARSTON ROAD (North Side) 6/167 River Farmhouse 21. 4.80

GV II

House, now two dwellings. Mid C17, and 1711. Timber-framed, rendered, and soft red brick. Steeply pitched, tiled roofs with two ridge stacks, both possibly original, now rendered. One to the principal range has a recessed panel to the base with the date 1711 (now concealed). T-plan. Two storeys and attic. East wing principal range has gable end casements, now blocked, to the attic. The fenestration is C20 except for two C19, twelve-pane hung sashes. Principal entry in angle between main range and rear wing, and a lobby entry, also to the rear range. Adjoining and parallel to the rear range is red brick addition of c.1711. Two storeys and tiled roof with end parapet on kneelers. A further, single storey and timber-framed addition has been made at the rear. Inside. Principal range in two bays with original soft red brick stack and abutting inglenook hearths now blocked. Intersecting main beams to each bay, but one room has the beams boxed. Newel staircase at side of stack probably C19 but of C17 origin. The kitchen or rear range, is also in two bays with lobby entry plan. Roof of clasped side purlin construction. One dormer to rear range inserted 1828 (dated in glass set in plaster panel of dormer gable end). R.C.H.M. West Cambs., mon.(4)

Listing NGR: TL4121352068

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51788

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

End of official listing