Culture and Sport Evidence Programme: CASE
Led by DCMS, Historic England collaborates with Arts Council England and Sport England on the Culture and Sport Evidence (CASE) programme.
CASE is a programme of strategic research which collects cross-cutting social and economic evidence to directly influence culture and sport policy.
The objectives of the CASE programme are to:
- Understand how far current research and data can address the questions of value and what drives people to engage in culture and sport
- Understand what types of data, analysis, research and resources CASE should provide to influence policy
- Unfluence policy research by producing useful data resources and tools for others to use
- Use CASE data to inform indicators and targets in future spending reviews
- Become a recognised source of culture and sports policy research
- The role of culture, sport and heritage in place shaping
- Understanding the drivers, impacts and value of engagement in culture and sport
- Local Economic Impacts from Cultural Sector Investments
- Local Culture and Heritage Profile Tool