Heritage Counts in the East of England
This year the East of England Historic Environment forum decided not to publish a regional report. However, East of England local area data is available on the Local Authority Profile page and regional data is available on the Indicators page, detailed below.
Historic Environment Indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for the East of England can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
Maps showing the distribution of designated heritage assets in the East of England are available here:
Local area data is available on the Local Authority Profile page.
Principal, Historic Places Team, East of England
Also of interest...
Historic England is funding repairs at Great Gransden windmill in Cambridgeshire. Find out why and follow our other stories about your local heritage.