Heritage Counts in the North East
Heritage Counts 2017 is the sixteenth annual survey of the state of the North East of England's historic environment.
Historic environment indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for the North East can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
A map showing the distribution of listed buildings in the North East is available here:
Local Engagement Adviser, North East
Also of interest...
Follow the latest heritage news for the historic environment in the North East.